Thursday, July 26, 2012

Good Riddins!!

Greek track athlete has been booted from the 2012 Olympic games in London for sending prejudicial/racist tweet!

Voula Papachristou

What do ya'll think about this? Read below and weigh in - because there is a lot of debate about whether or not she should have been ousted. I have no words....

Her tweet on Monday read,  "with so many Africans in Greece, at least the West Nile mosquitos will be eating food from their own home."

On Wednesday she issued the below apology:

I would like to express my heartfelt apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal Twitter account. I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone, or to encroach human rights.
My dream is connected to the Olympic Games and I could not possibly participate if I did not respect their values. Therefore, I could never believe in discrimination between human beings and races.
I would like to apologize to all my friends and fellow athletes, who I may have insulted or shamed, the National Team, as well as the people and companies who support my athletic career. Finally, I would like to apologize to my coach and my family.